www.cpsa.co.uk      Follow us on twitter...    Find us on facebook...

Thursday 8 November 2012

Richard's Dairy...........Doveridge Clay Sports Club

Following my recent visit to Manchester CTC, I also managed to squeeze in a trip to Doveridge where I met with Sue Bramley & Jo Gilligan.

I'd heard lots of great things about Doveridge and was keen to get there and see for myself and I was definately not disappointed.

The ground is situated within 70 acres of beautiful countryside on the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border and offers superb far reaching views.


They are a CPSA affiliated Premier Plus Ground and offer extensive shooting facilities with up to 14 stands on their English Sporting layout plus a 150ft High Tower. There are also 5 English Skeet layouts one of which is permanantly set up for Olympic Skeet, 2 DTL layouts, 2 ABT layouts, 1 Olympic Trap layout and 1 Compak layout so something for just about everyone!


As you can see the grounds are immaculately maintained and a pleasure to shoot in! Talking of which Jo took me out to shoot a few Clays on the Sporting layout which was great fun until I missed a few (hard ones I might add) and Jo offered me some friendly advice which those of you who know Jo will understand I can't repeat on here.....!!

We then moved onto the Olympic Skeet layout which is something I've never shot before and it was a real eye opener not only to contend with the increased speed and the delay but too shoot in the gun down position which is the rule. I'm delighted to say I did manage a pair on Stand 4 after quite a few attempts, a lot of cartridges and some more wise words from Jo!! 


The ground is open for practice 5 days a week from 10.00am to 5pm Wednesday to Saturday and 10.00am to 2.30pm on Sunday's. They are currently running their English Sporting Winter Series and the next Registered fixture is on the 25th November 2012.
There is also an onsite Gunshop (www.premierguns.co.uk) and a resident Gunsmith Simon Willmore so there is everything available to cater for your shooting needs and a fantastic ground to shoot in!
Take a look at there website www.doveridgeclaysports.co.uk or contact them on 01889 565986 or via e-mail on enquiries@doveridgeclaysports.co.uk for more information.
Lastly I'd like to thank Sue & Jo for their time and hospitality and would definately recommend a visit to Doveridge asap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest news from the CPSA